The heating principle of medium frequency smelting furnace is electromagnetic induction heating. Today, we will introduce the heating principle of smelting furnace in detail.
The method of electromagnetic induction heating is that when the magnetic flux surrounded by the conductor loop changes, the loop will produce induced potential. Similarly, the conductor in the alternating magnetic field is subject to electromagnetic induction
It also generates induced potential, forming induced current (eddy current) in the conductor. The induced current overcomes the resistance of the conductor itself and generates Joule heat. This heat is used to heat the conductor itself to make it warm up and melt, so as to achieve various purposes of thermal processing.
Therefore, the basic composition of induction heating system of smelting furnace includes induction coil, AC power supply and some workpieces.
The coil is connected to the power supply. The power supply provides alternating current for the coil. The alternating current flowing through the coil generates an alternating magnetic field passing through the workpiece. The magnetic field makes the workpiece generate eddy current to induce heating.
The advantages of electromagnetic induction heating are
1. The heat is generated in the workpiece itself, and the heating mode is fast, so the heating rate is high, the process repeatability is good, and the energy is saved.
2. The heating object does not need to contact the induction coil, so there is less oxidative decarburization and higher heating rate.
3. Induction heating applies three kinds of AC stress, namely, surface, proximity and ring, which can be used for local heating, and the product quality is good, and it is easy to control and labor-saving.
4. The temperature control precision is high, and the induction heating is easy to realize uniform heating. The application of temperature control system can realize the control of temperature with low energy consumption and no pollution.
Because of these advantages, the application of medium frequency induction heating is very wide. The following scope of application:
1. It can be used for hot extrusion and hot rolling of the blank before forging to complete the heat transmission of the blank;
2. It can be used for quenching, tempering and other heat treatment processes of parts;
3. It can be used for smelting metals, that is, our smelting furnace, mainly smelting black, non-ferrous and rare precious metals;
4. It can sinter refractory metals such as tungsten and molybdenum at high temperature, as well as powder metallurgy;
5. The medium frequency heating depth is 2-10mm, which can be used to heat large gears.
This is the knowledge we shared today about the electromagnetic induction heating principle of the smelting furnace. I hope it can help you.
Welcome to Luoyang Shennai, let us provide you with more services.