When the winter freezing period comes
When the winter freezing period comes, friends who use equipment, especially those who use closed cooling towers, must take antifreeze measures to prevent the copper pipes in the equipment from freezing and cracking, which will bring you unnecessary trouble.
Specific anti freezing measures are as follows:
1. Keep the water pump running for 24 hours to keep the cooling water in the equipment flowing and prevent icing;
2. Drain the water in the equipment (special attention shall be paid to the cooling tower radiator, reactor and ultrasonic transformer);
When adding ethylene glycol antifreeze (alcohol flammable products are prohibited), our company provides the following data. The specific amount can be added according to the local temperature after consulting the antifreeze provider (it is recommended that you buy the antifreeze and put it in the freezer to test and find out the experience value). The water in the circulating water tank does not need to be too much, but can be recycled, so as to reduce the use of antifreeze.
Precautions for use of glycol type coolant:
(1) When filling glycol type coolant, do not spill the coolant on the surface of the equipment to prevent corrosion of the equipment paint.
(2) Glycol is toxic. Do not suck it with your mouth or spill it on your skin when filling. If you spill it carelessly, wash it with clean water.
(3) The boiling point of ethylene glycol is high, and the main evaporation of coolant in use is water. If there is little water, add it in time.
(4) For the closed cooling system, anti-corrosion and antifreeze agents are generally used. The coolant cannot be filled up to 70% - 80% to prevent expansion and leakage when it is too full.
(5) Before filling, wash the cooling system with water, drain the water after washing, and then add coolant.
(6) The mixing ratio of water and ethylene glycol should be appropriate according to the temperature of different regions. Generally, the freezing point should be 5 ℃ - 10 ℃ lower than the temperature of the area where the equipment is used. See the above table.
(7) To prevent the cooling system from corrosion, 1.6% shed sand, 0.35% sodium hydroxide and 2% sodium benzoate shall be added to the coolant with ethylene glycol antifreeze to ensure rust prevention and corrosion prevention.
(8) When the weather turns warm, the ethylene glycol type coolant must be drained. Generally speaking, if the antifreeze is stored for too long, its corrosivity will increase. It is recommended to replace it once a year to ensure the antifreeze effect.
The above contents are for reference only. Please refer to the instructions for glycol type coolant or consult the antifreeze manufacturer for specific use.
In addition, when the temperature is below - 5 ℃, the spray pump is shut down, please drain the spray water and drain the water in the spray pump.
4. Other suggestions:
Add a heat shield outside the equipment, and add three to four electric heating tubes of more than 100W inside to heat and insulate the equipment, so as to ensure that the internal temperature of the equipment is higher than 5 ℃:
Note: Before starting the equipment, please check whether there is ice in the equipment and cooling water pool, and start the equipment under the condition that the cooling water is unblocked! Otherwise, it will cause serious damage to equipment components!
If the water-cooled host is installed in a cool and ventilated place, the coil of the water-cooled host may freeze and crack even if the equipment works 24 hours a day, and an appropriate amount of ethylene glycol must be added.
Luoyang Shennai Power Equipment Co., Ltd