When the smelting furnace is in use, the common emergency accidents include furnace piercing and molten iron leakage. If no measures are taken, the coil copper pipe will be broken, and the molten iron will contact with the coolant, resulting in explosion, and even personal injury and death.
Luoyang Shennai made some analysis on the causes of molten iron penetration and leakage of smelting furnace.
Causes of molten iron leakage in smelting furnace:
1. The molten iron has been cooled for a long time and has formed a cap, which expands again when heated, extrudes the furnace lining and causes cracks in the furnace lining. During the melting process, the molten iron penetrates through the cracks, leading to furnace penetration or ejecting from the cap, resulting in a furnace blowout accident.
2. The lining volume increases with the increase of furnace life. The amount of iron in the furnace is increased, the furnace lining is thin, and some parts can not bear the pressure of molten iron, leading to furnace penetration.
3. When the furnace lining is knotted, some parts fail to meet the requirements or some impurities are brought into the furnace lining without being found, resulting in the penetration of the above defects during smelting.
4. Cracks are produced during quenching of furnace lining, and they are penetrated from the cracks during smelting.
5. The binder used for furnace building is not suitable, and the binder generally starts to bond at 600-700 ℃; The disadvantage is that it is not resistant to high temperature and scouring. Under high temperature conditions, the lower part of the furnace wall will be rinsed.
6. In the process of modulation, the workers do not operate according to the correct proportion, and the modulated furnace lining materials are uneven and not dense enough, resulting in a short life of the furnace lining.
7. The site for preparing furnace lining is not clean, and it is easy to mix iron pins, iron beans and other sundries in the process of preparing furnace lining, thus reducing furnace times.
8. The insulating bakelite will support the weight that is not borne by the house, and the insulating bakelite will bend. At this time, the furnace lining will also become loose, mainly in the lower back of the furnace wall and the furnace bottom joint part, cracks will appear, causing molten iron to seep out, and finally the "furnace penetration" will occur.
9. The induction coil is lack of electromagnetic vibration force and constantly strikes the furnace lining, which makes the furnace lining loose and cracks, causing molten iron to seep out and penetrate the furnace.
10. When the screws are loose, the furnace shell will twist back and forth when the molten iron is produced, and the dynamic response coil will twist, which will loosen the furnace lining and cause cracks, so that the molten iron will seep out of the furnace.
The above is a summary of the causes of melting furnace penetration and molten iron leakage. In order to solve this problem and ensure safe production, we need to regularly check the equipment and complete the daily maintenance of the equipment.
Welcome to Luoyang Shennai to solve more problems about the use of smelting furnace.