The common accidents of the medium frequency furnace body include furnace leakage and furnace penetration. If no measures are taken in the event of an accident, the coil copper pipe will be broken, and the hot metal will be in contact with the coolant to produce an explosion, which will cause major equipment accidents or personal casualties. Therefore, the possible causes of the accident, preventive measures and the plan of emergency measures to be taken after the accident are described in detail.
1. Causes of furnace leakage and penetration accidents:
(1) The molten iron is cooled for a long time and covered, and then heated and expanded again, squeezing the furnace lining, resulting in cracks in the furnace lining. During the melting process, the molten iron penetrates through the cracks, resulting in furnace penetration, or ejected from the cover, resulting in furnace blowout accidents.
(2) With the increase of furnace life, the volume of furnace lining becomes larger, the amount of iron in the furnace increases, and the furnace lining is thinner. Local parts cannot bear the pressure of molten iron, resulting in furnace penetration.
(3) When the furnace lining is knotted, it partially fails to meet the requirements or impurities are brought in locally and are not found, resulting in penetration from the above defects during smelting.
(4) Cracks are produced in the furnace lining during rapid cooling, which penetrate through the cracks during the smelting process.
2. Preventive measures:
(1) From the beginning of furnace building, a specially assigned person shall be responsible for strict management to ensure that the knots of each furnace lining are consistent. No sundries are allowed to fall into the furnace lining when knotting.
(2) Before each charging, observe whether the furnace lining has cracks, perforations and other phenomena that may lead to furnace penetration. Once there are problems, they must be dealt with.
(3) During the smelting process, due to equipment failure or other factors, the furnace cannot be opened for smelting for a long time. The molten iron should be turned out from the furnace to prevent capping.